One of the first blogs I wrote back in 2010 was 10 Reasons Why Skiing Is Better Than Snowboarding… honestly didn’t think much of it and for whatever reason that has been one of the most read and commented on posts I’ve written.
Which isn’t saying much.
Anyway, we’re here 4 years later (this time with a website!) and people are STILL commenting on it… not to mention that the world seems to be obsessed with lists lately… I decided to update it with 10 more reasons skiing rules!
10. Unofficial Networks has a list of reasons why snowboarding is better… they could only come up with 8. Math.
9. Instead of facing front you have to go down the hill sideways. The only animal I could think of that walks sideways is a crab. Crabs get dominated by other animals ALL the time.
8. Carrying your skis on one shoulder and your boots on the other just looks cooler than dragging your board across the parking lot.
7. If you’re going to crash, you might as well do it the right way. Yardsale with all your $hit flying all over the hill. Go big or go home.
6. Pond skimming is way too easy on a snowboard. Challenge yourself bro.
5. With all due respect to Art Of Flight… there’s no such thing as 80’s snowboard movies. Here is the trailer for Aspen extreme… “Top Gun On The Slopes”
4. More on the 80’s… it’s a privilege to rock a onsie, not a right.
3. Nails on a chalkboard, an ’89 Toyota Camry with shitty brakes, a snowboard scraping the mountain.
2. WTF is a shot-board? Exactly.
So half my friends are snowboarders… and its not that I dont like them, because that isnt the case IN THE LEAST – I love you guys. But, if you ever wonder why Im not skiing with you… here is a short list of some reasons why:
10) We just have to ski up and sit on the chairlift. We dont click out, unstrap, skate through the lift line, grabbing people for support along the way.
9) We get to sit up and ski off the chairlift. There is no tumbling off, taking out innocent bystanders along the way. Then stopping to strap back in while sitting in the snow on your @ss.
8) ‘Snowboarder Only’ resorts dont exist.
7) If you somehow end up in the flats, you have these things called poles to help get you back to the hill. No walking necessary.
6) Crosses are cooler than grabs (see Jonny Moseley: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T4p6FZWVjo )
5) On the 7th day God created moguls.
4) You can ski anywhere on the mountain. For boarders, out-of-bounds ropes are like pulling the ‘do not pass go’ card in Monopoly. For skiers its like, OH $HIT I hope no one’s looking!
3) Snow bunnies are hotter.
2) No one gets pissed at you for skiing off the entire hill. When you get to the bottom there is still snow left for the next person behind you, not an avalanche of snow from your lack of skill, sitting at the bottom.
1) Nothing is as good as the original.
Either way you should check out the site! Also, it’s important to note… beer tastes the same no matter how you get down the hill. See you in the lodge!