One of the first blogs I wrote back in 2010 was 10 Reasons Why Skiing Is Better Than Snowboarding… honestly didn’t think much of it and for whatever reason that has been one of the most read and commented on posts I’ve written.
Which isn’t saying much.
Anyway, we’re here 4 years later (this time with a website!) and people are STILL commenting on it… not to mention that the world seems to be obsessed with lists lately… I decided to update it with 10 more reasons skiing rules!
10. Unofficial Networks has a list of reasons why snowboarding is better… they could only come up with 8. Math.
9. Instead of facing front you have to go down the hill sideways. The only animal I could think of that walks sideways is a crab. Crabs get dominated by other animals ALL the time.
8. Carrying your skis on one shoulder and your boots on the other just looks cooler than dragging your board across the parking lot.
7. If you’re going to crash, you might as well do it the right way. Yardsale with all your $hit flying all over the hill. Go big or go home.
6. Pond skimming is way too easy on a snowboard. Challenge yourself bro.
5. With all due respect to Art Of Flight… there’s no such thing as 80′s snowboard movies. Here is the trailer for Aspen extreme… “Top Gun On The Slopes”
4. More on the 80′s… it’s a privilege to rock a onsie, not a right.
3. Nails on a chalkboard, an ’89 Toyota Camry with shitty brakes, a snowboard scraping the mountain.
2. WTF is a shot-board? Exactly.